Friday, April 12, 2013

Tea Time Again

As you can see, I did play around with the Tea Time DSP again.  After cutting an oval from one of
the floral patterns, I then cut an oval the same size using a piece of Early Espresso cardstock.  A mistake right off the bat!  Since I wanted the Espresso cardstock raised over the floral oval, I should have cut that floral oval using the next bigger oval framelit so you couldn't see the edge.  Better yet, I should have just left it a rectangle smaller than the size of the Espresso cardstock.  Before adhering the Espresso cardstock to the print DSP, I wrapped a piece of Crochet Trim around the edge of the oval (and now that I am looking at the photo, I need to trim down the crochet trim) and added pearls to the opposite edge of the oval.  At the last minute I decided to mat the Espresso picture frame on Vanilla cardstock before adhering to the Primrose Petal card base.  The colors, texture, pearls and crochet trim come together to create a vintage card.  I just need to decide if I want to add a greeting on the card front or leave it as is.  Perfect for Mother's Day, this card would also be a nice wedding  or anniversary card. Have a wonderful weekend and find yourself a little stampin' time!

No comments:

Post a Comment