Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Mom Card

The theme of this weekend's card classes is Mother's Day.  Today's card is one that will be made using either Perfect Plum or Certainly Celery DSP on a Pink card base.   The card can be embellished more if desired, but I like the card just as it is.   If I was making only a few of these, I would use the Dotted Scallop Ribbon punch for the decorative top edge.  But since more than a few cards will be made, I decided to see if I could cut the trim using MDS2 and my Cricut.  It did work but the problem was that the "dotted" part of the ribbon was too detailed for the Cricut and each little hole would need to be pierced--way too much work!  So, I deleted the dots and cut strips of pink DSP with the scalloped edges. The butterflies were stamped using an image from the Papillion Potpourri stamp set and punched using the coordinating punch.  On a different note, I woke up this morning to the news that the Archivers store in Algonquin is closing!  I don't frequent Archivers on a weekly basis, but I sure will miss the store.  Have a great day and enjoy the sunshine!

No comments:

Post a Comment