Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Strawberry Thank You

At a card class earlier this month, Anne treated us to the most delicious fresh strawberry whip cream pie~~really the best!  Anne also brought the cutest little heart-shaped strawberry cheesecake--to die for!!!!  The treats were from Weber's Bakery, an old, Polish family-owned bakery on the south side of Chicago.  I have not had a Weber cake or pie in I don't know how many years, but eating a piece of that strawberry pie was like going back in time.  I am not quite sure what was sweeter~~the fresh-baked goods or the memories of growing up as a baker's granddaughter and always having fresh-baked goods in our house.  I wanted to thank Anne for such a special treat with a "strawberry" card.  I used a combination of stamp sets:  Cheers and Fruit & Flowers for the strawberries and Blooming With Kindness for the sentiment.  I am so blessed to have met and become friends with so many kind and caring women through our common tie of paper crafting.  And even more blessed when we share so many other things, too~~including knowing a great bakery!  Have a wonderful day and don't overdo the shoveling!

No comments:

Post a Comment