Friday, February 22, 2013

A+ Teacher

Yesterday afternoon I sat down at my computer to play with My Digital Studio software and chose to create a card.  When I clicked on "stamps", a teacher stamp set appeared.  The set included all the elements on the white cardstock and then some.  I brought the lined oval paper onto the card and then the A+.  After typing "teacher" and selecting the font and color, I moved that onto the lined oval.  The black lines showed thru the red letters, so I sent the letters forwarded to get rid of the lines.  After "stamping" the apple outlines, I learned that I could change the color of sections of the image without changing the entire image.  (I was able to make the little stems brown and a couple of the outlines red instead of black.)  I printed it first on Whisper White cardstock, but the ink smeared!  And the placement was not that good.  I then moved things around and printed it on a different white cardstock. It looks pretty good and I finished it off with retired paper and ribbon.  All in all, I think it is a very cute card. As I read this post for errors,  it sounds as if I just whipped  out this card using MDS.  So as to not lead you astray, that isn't how it goes--lol!  I spent at least a couple of hours making this card--most of that time was computer time.  As I get more familiar with the program, the quicker I will be able to create cards.  Well, that is the hope anyway!!  Have a wonderful weekend and find yourself a little stampin' time.

No comments:

Post a Comment