Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Be My Valentine

Today's card is all about the die cut.  I recently purchased a couple of Memory Box dies.  When they arrived, I was anxious to create a card using the heart border.  The intricate cuts did require a couple of runs thru the Big Shot.  I have found that SU's Whisper White cardstock cut clean on one pass thru, but once I switched to the Pink Pirouette, I needed a shim and had to run it thru twice.  I was able to remove the little pieces rather easily.  That being said, the lines are so delicate that I had to be careful and take my time.  The next trick was adhering the border to the card front. I used my fine point glue pen and even then had to clean up a couple of little places where the glue spread beyond the die cut. And now it is time to clean up the little pieces of cardstock on the counter and floor in my scrap room.  Have a wonderful day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment