Monday, November 19, 2012

Soft, Pretty Snowflakes

This weekend John was off hunting and Sydney and I had a girl weekend here.  While making cards and Thanksgiving favors, I introduced Sydney to the Lennon Sisters and Lawrence Welk!  I don't even remember exactly how they became a big part of our weekend, but I was reminiscing and telling Syd how we used to spend our Saturday nights when we were kids~~watching the Lawrence Welk Show. Out came the iPad and Syd and I polkaed and waltzed, all while being creative in my scraproom!!!  It was fun and a bit sentimental as I watched those videos and thought about how my family enjoyed such simple things~~together.   Also simple are today's cards.  I stamped random snowflakes to make pretty backgrounds and then embellished a few of the flakes with little silver stars or Dazzling Diamonds.  The snowflake wreath image is from the Four Seasons hostess set, punched using the 2 3/8" scallop circle punch and adhered using dimensionals after the ribbon and/or seam binding was tied around the white cardstock of each card. By the way, when Syd woke up Sunday morning, she wanted to know if I could put on that "polkying" music again!  Must be that good Polish and German blood.  Have a great day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment