Thursday, November 15, 2012

More Masking

Today's cards were again created using a "stencil" left over from a previously diecut framelit (from the Labels set).  After sponging the Crumb Cake, I stamped the image (off-center a bit) with Early Espresso ink before removing the stencil.  This was done so that the image remained in the confines of the Crumb Cake sponged area while masking off the white area of the card.  The sentiment was stamped after the stencil was removed as I wanted the sentiment to spill over into the white area.  I repeated the same steps for the Marina Mist and Red card, but I inked the flower image using my markers so as the flower would stand out.  I am sure you recognize the stamps I used from the Love & Sympathy set, but maybe not the "hope" sentiment.  It is from the Blooming With Kindness set on page 87 of the annual catalog.  In my opinion, the font used in this set is gorgeous.    Now time to get back to my holiday things.  Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment