Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Change of Pace

I have been making many Christmas and Thanksgiving cards and favors and needed a little change of pace.  So, I opted to make a pretty little card for Valentine's day or just to say "love you" to someone.  This polka dot Love You stamp jumped out at me when the Holiday Mini was first released, but I wasn't into the other stamps in the Seasonal Sayings set.  So when SU released it as a single stamp purchase, I wasted no time in purchasing it.  At the price of $4.95, I will get my money's worth.  What the heck, one embellished card at my local card shop costs $4.95!  And how perfect is the heart?  After cutting a heart using a framelit die, I saved the heart for future use, but used the negative space as my stencil.  I centered it on the card and sponged the entire area with Pink Pirouette. When I was happy with the sponging, I removed the "stencil", stamped the sentiment in black and added a few little flowers and embellishments.  In tomorrow's post, I will show a couple more cards on which I used the masking technique.  Until then, have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment