Friday, November 9, 2012

Dramatic Lovely As A Tree

Today's card are dramatically different from the Lovely As A Tree card posted earlier this week.  Whereas that card was soft and pretty, today's cards are deep and rich.  I achieved this not only by using darker colors, but also by embossing the trees.  The trees on the Midnight Blue card were stamped with Versamark and embossed with black embossing powder.  The trees on both the Not Quite Navy and Island Indigo cards were embossed with Early Espresso embossing powder.  I used a mask to add little snow drifts and the moon and then highlighted the snow and some of the tree branches using Stampin' Up's beautiful Dazzling Diamonds glitter.  This is just about the only glitter you will see on my cards as I am not fond of  "glitter mess".  But honestly, there is something about Dazzling Diamonds that makes "glitter mess" on my island okay!  And now I am going to go clean up the beautiful Dazzling Diamonds "glitter mess"--lol! Have a wonderful weekend and find yourself a little stampin' time.

No comments:

Post a Comment