Tuesday, October 23, 2012


 During Sunday's Cricut afternoon, Nikki and I were playing with the Artiste cartridge and one of the things we made was a cute hot air balloon card.   Yesterday I continued playing with the cartridge and wondered how small I could cut the hot air balloon.   I then used those diecuts for this card.  The cardstock and ink are SU products as is the "wishing you" sentiment.  The "nothing but blue skies" sentiment and the pattern paper is Close To My Heart.  In case you wonder how to make the clouds/sky, it is pretty easy.  Tear a piece of cardstock and along the torn edge lightly sponge off the torn cardstock onto the Whisper White cardstock while randomly moving the torn cardstock. I used one color of ink, but you can use multiple colors for a very dramatic look.  By the way, the smallest balloon on this card is one inch. I tried cutting the hot air balloon smaller, but the paper was not cutting cleanly and the basket was merely a speck in the sky.  Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment