Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Crumbled Cardstock

I wanted to make a slider for hot apple cider packets, but drew a "creative" blank.  That was until I thought about the crumbled paper leaves I made in a previous post.  I worked off of that idea, crumbling Crumb Cake cardstock, sponging it with oranges, browns and Rich Razzleberrry ink and adhering the back and one edge together. In the past, I used my crimper along the bottom of the slider, but since SU doesn't sell it any longer, I used my Simply Score tool.  Due to the thickness of the cardstock, the ridges from scoring aren't as pronounced as with a crimper, but it works.  The slider is wrapped with Pumpkin Pie and Chocolate Chip cardstock, both run through the Woodgrain embossing folder. The torn edges add to the rustic "feel" of this item, but the Razzleberry ribbon and the little mug from the  Fitting Occasions stamp set soften things up a bit.  Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment