Monday, August 27, 2012

Shimmery White Ornament

There is a photo of a very festive Christmas ornament on the cover of the Holiday Mini. Many demonstrators have created their own versions of the ornament, each one prettier than the next. I did not have the SU supplies needed (stampset, coordinating Framelits and Cherry Cobbler tulle), but I really wanted to try my hand at it. So I got out my Cricut and started die-cutting the ornaments I would need to create my version. Using SU's Shimmery White cardstock, Tomboy multi glue, a glue gun and some sparkly tulle I purchased at the new Hobby Lobby, I spent the better part of close to three hours putting this together. Instead of a rosette in the middle, I added a little mum. It is so pretty and festive, that I can see this on the top of a wedding present accented with tulle the color of the wedding. Gee, I wonder if this would fit in a scrapbook/shadow box frame? If so, the bride and groom could scrap their wedding invite, a photo and this ornament to create a pretty wedding keepsake. Would anyone be interested in a class creating this ornament? If so, let me know. In the meantime, I made quite the mess yesterday, so I better go clean. Happy Monday and have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment