Friday, August 10, 2012

One More For Halloween

I stamped and embossed this mummy for a different card (which I messed up) but I still put the little guy to good use. The ric rac was cut using the Tasteful Trim die. I do not use this die very often and when I do, I seem to reach for the ric rac design. The ric rac brings back memories from years ago when my mom used ric rac on clothes she made for me and my sister when we were little girls. As a matter of fact, I can still remember how the ric rac came folded around a piece of cardboard in a little cellophane bag. I was so fortunate to have a mom who did it all including work outside of the home when it was not the norm in society. She was a good role model when I was growing up and continues to be as I grow old! Anyway, back to the card. The cute little owl is from Monster Munchies and the spider, mummy and boooo are from Googly Ghouls. I will say that I certainly put these two stamp sets to good use. Have a great weekend and find yourself a little stampin' time!

1 comment:

  1. What an original , perky card. The ric rac is a novel idea.

    I'm sure your mother appreciates your heartwarming comments about her. She must be very proud of you.

    ReplyDelete