Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Shades of Blue

I spent the day in my scraproom yesterday, working on an album for a couple celebrating 40 years of married life. I used the Pemberley paper from Close to My Heart together with two shades of blue and an ivory cardstock. Since I will not be putting the photos into the album, I left the pages without mats. While deciding how to embellish the pages, I found that I had an embossing folder that had very similar vines to those on the paper, so I used it on white-core cardstock to embellish the corners of a double layout. This cardstock was so thin that I did not even need to sand it! After rolling it through the Big Shot, some of the dark blue layer was embossed right off! I even used the half inch trim from the top of the paper which identifies the coordinating colors on one side with a design on the other to embellish the pages. I get so into my cardmaking that I sometimes forget how fun and challenging scrapbooking can be! Today's challenge will be running all of my errands bright and early this morning before the 100 degrees hits! Have a great day and keep cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment