Monday, July 23, 2012

Pencils

I was surprised the other day when I heard that kids are heading back to school on August 13th! That is much too early. Since seeing so many ads for school supplies, it is time for a back-to-school pencil favor. Once again, I am using our 1x8 cellophane bags and black polka dot scallop ribbon. This year the tag base is a black scallop circle adhered to a red plain circled topped off with a white 1 1/4" scallop circle (new punch on page 7 of the Holiday Mini). The apple stamp is an image from the Perfectly Preserved set, also in the Holiday Mini. When I was at Michael's the other day, I saw these flower pencils in a dollar bin and the colors seemed to match our Calypso Coral and Island Indigo, so I added them to my cart. Not really a "back to school" item, but a pretty favor for someone/something. Maybe a teacher would appreciate receiving something that didn't contain an apple. Or if you are the head of a committee, this could be a pretty and inexpensive little item to give to your committee volunteers to start the year off. And the pencils are a perfect match to Island Indigo and Calypso Coral. Have a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment