Sunday, April 29, 2012

Poppy Parade?

When the In Colors were introduced back in 2010, I looked at Poppy Parade and thought to myself, "Why another red?" Come to think of it, I also thought, "why another green, another orange--hahah!"(I still wonder that actually!) Okay, back to the reason for this post: After my initial thought, Poppy Parade became one of my favorite colors (thanks to the Sunny Garden Designer Series Paper) and I knew why SU needed another red. When I went to my scraproom today, my plan was to make a card using Poppy Parade and Daffodil Delight. I stamped the image with Versamark, embossed it with Pear Pizzazz embossing powder and then colored the image using my SU markers. It is a dreary and rainy afternoon today, but this card and the color combination is so cheerful and happy that I am going to make another just like it, using a different sentiment. The image is from the hostess set in the Occasions Mini, Up In The Air while the sentiment is from the A Word For You set in the Idea Book and Catalog (This set will carryover to the new cattie--yeah!). The satin ribbon retired last year, but that doesn' t mean I don't ues it any longer. If I like a retired item, I keep it and use. If I lliked an item enough to purchase it but seldom use it, you will find it on the "sale table" outside my scraproom come June 1st. Enjoy the rest of the weekend and find yourself a little stampin' time.

No comments:

Post a Comment