Monday, April 16, 2012

Flower Favors

When I was playing with the Cricut Flower Shoppe cartridge last week, I also made these two little flower favors. Again, thanks to Party City, my flower favors have cute green stems. The pink flower stem was made using Green Sixlets and the purple flower stem is a green candy stick. The candy stick was already in a cellophane bag, so once the flower was assembled I adhered it to the bag using a brad. The pink flower was adhered using a brad punch through the layers of flowers and the cellophane one inch bags from Stampin' Up. I have been asked "How do you fill the cellophane one inch bags without touching the candy?" Answer: I make a funnel out of paper and slowly--very slowly--pour the candy into the funnel. Basically, one little Sixlet or M&M fits though the hole in the funnel, but once you get the hang of it, the candy flows nicely. Since the cello tube is only an inch wide, you do need to be sure that the candy you use is not too big; i.e., Brachs classic jelly beans do not fit. Wouldn't these be cute at a garden club luncheon? Or a volunteer appreciation luncheon? Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Pretty Pretty flowers! I didn;t know you had those bags from Stampin' Up! Gonna have to check out your webstore! Thanks Gail for your sweet comments on my blog too!
    Hope you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete