Friday, April 20, 2012

Concord Crush Shadow Box Card

This card is fun to make as it is different from the typical card. Both pieces of cardstock are cut at the same size, 4 1/4" x 5 1/2". I centered a label Framelit on the Concord Crush cardstock and cut it with my Big Shot. The Square Lattice embossing folder added a nice texture to the Concord cardstock, but not something that is necessary. You can use a piece of DSP for the front panel of the card if you prefer. Before attaching the two pieces of cardstock together, I centered and stamped "wish big" and the candles on the Very Vanilla cardstock and added the cupcake and Happy Birthday banner. You can embellish this type of card in so many different ways: flowers, Cricut die cuts, buttons, etc. As none of the photos I took of this card gave a true feel for what the Shadow Box card looks like, the photo on the right is a picture taken from above. There is a space of about one inch between the pieces of cardstock. "Where/how do I sign my name?" you ask. On the back of the card there is plenty of room to write a little note, stamp another sentiment and/or even add a little piece of DSP adhered on three sides so you can include a gift card. This is another of the cards we will make at the next card class scheduled for May 5th. Just send me an email or give me a call to let me know you will be attending. Have a wonderful weekend and find yourself a little stampin' time.

No comments:

Post a Comment