Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Bright Blossoms & Gingham Checks

No, the gingham check background is not Designer Series Paper! It is Whisper White cardstock that was embossed and inked using the Stripes Embosssing folder and a brayer. I have inked embossing folders using my brayer in the past and the finished product looked okay, but I was never that impressed ;-). I tried the Letterpress plates and I was not at all impressed. However, using ink, a brayer and the Stripes Embossing Folder to achieve the gingham checked look is a different story. I have always liked gingham check fabric and being a scrapbooker, I purchase my share of gingham check scrapbook paper in various colors, too. Dawn, a talented Stampin' Up demo, shared a video demonstrating this technique and I knew I had to try it. I grabbed my Tangerine Tango ink and marker and the new Bright Blossoms stamp set and quickly made this card. I do not think that inking an embossing folder was ever demonstrated in any class, but I assure you that there will be a card or two made using this technique in a future class. Hope you have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment