Monday, March 5, 2012

A Sunny Feel

I had a great weekend and now I have a few thank you cards to make and send. After the UPS man left my package today, I got to work on the cards. I really wanted to share this one with you before I send it out. The embossed pattern on the lower portion of the card was made using the diagonal scoring plate which sits on top of SU's Simply Scored Scoring Tool. The diagonal scoring plate can also be used for making a variety of sizes of envelopes, a topic for another post. The ladies at Saturday's class were able to use the diagonal scoring plate. And thanks to my friend, Nikki, we found out at class on Saturday that the new SU diagonal scoring plate does work with the Martha Stewart score board--lol! If you are wondering what stamp set I used, it is Bright Blossoms, a set that will be in the new SU catalog which begins June 1st. The "thanks" is from Fabulous Phrases and stamped sideways because I didn't center the image properly and I needed to fill in the space to the left of the vase. Between the stamp and the Daffodil Delight brads, I think it looks just fine and adds interest to the card. But the best part of the card--in my opinion--the new Daffodil Delight seam binding! Another product that will be available come June 1st, it is bright and pretty and soft--all at the same time. Daffodil Delight and Night of Navy is a very striking color combination which I should use more often. Off to play a little more with my new "stuff".

No comments:

Post a Comment