Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Fancy Favor Gift Box

An elegant box for a little gift, this was made with the Sizzix Fancy Favor box die. A while back, the local scrapbook store had their glitter paper on sale. I bought a couple of sheets and now I wish I would have purchased more as this box is perfect for a gift card or jewelry. I could see making a number of these and tying them each with a different color ribbon and ornament. Anyway, you can get two of these boxes from a 12x12 sheet of paper/cardstock. The finished dimensions are approximately 3 1/2 x 3 x 2 1/4. I stamped the ornament using a gold ink pad I had, cut it out and then added a little rhinestone in the center. The gold ribbon was purchased at M's last year or the year before even. This glitter cardstock is quite thick, so I did need my crop-a-dile to punch the holes thru the layers. And because of the thickness I would also suggest using the red sticky strip when assembling the box. Today is going to be a busy day, so I better get started. My cutest little helper is coming this morning so that she can help with the Thanksgiving preparations. Have a great day and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment