Sunday, October 2, 2011

Simple Sympathy Card

We all need a sympathy card every now and then and for me, this particular card is one that expresses something I dreamed about after my sister's unexpected death. We were very close and I just couldn't get beyond my grief. One night Christine came to me in a dream. She hugged me and I told her I missed her and then my children came running in (they were grown up at the time, but in the dream they were young). They were yelling "Auntie Chrissy is back! Auntie Chrissy is back and she told us she would never really leave us! She would be in our hearts forever." I remember that dream as vividly as the night I had it. So when the new IB&C was released a few months ago and I read the words in the Love & Sympathy stamp set, it spoke to me. I made this card hoping that the simplicity of the card allowed for the words to speak to the recipient. I miss my sister every single day, but as she told the kids, she is in my heart forever. Have a wonderful day and enjoy the Fall sunshine!

No comments:

Post a Comment