Wednesday, September 14, 2011

A Rosette 4 You

The Borderlines stamp set has a very pretty leaf border and I was thinking about how I could use it on a card. A scrap from the Spice Cake DSP pack was on my counter and immediately I thought that combining the two would make for a pretty card. I stamped a border on each side of Very Vanilla cardstock and added a strip of Spice Cake DSP in the center. Not right--needs a little trim so out comes the Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border punch and some Pool Party cardstock. As I assemble the card I know this card calls for a rosette. I have made a couple rosettes in the past, but they are time consuming. Nonetheless I cut and scored a 1" x 12" strip of Pool Party DSP for the rosette, added a Soft Suede circle, a Pool Party printed brad and a little "4 You" tag. And here is my creation which I do think this is one of my prettier cards!

No comments:

Post a Comment