Friday, September 16, 2011

Playing With Ribbon

I was straightening out my ribbon boxes earlier today and it became the perfect time to try using my ribbon in different ways. The Old Olive Grosgrain ribbon is a pretty substitute for leaves on this card. I cut a length of the ribbon, tied it in a knot and adhered it to the stem using a glue dot. Then I used retired Real Red taffeta ribbon to make a design across the front of my card rather than just adhering a straight length of ribbon across the card front. I ran a strip of adhesive across the card and then adhered the ribbon as I turned it back and forth along the line of adhesive. There are many more designs or patterns that can be achieved using your adhesive strip and ribbon such as pleats, layered ruffles and more. So when you have a little time and ribbon~~experiment! Have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment