Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Bleach & Pastels

I have previously used bleach on a card or two, but yesterday I played with bleach and pastels. (Thank you France for reminding me of this technique!)I used the Gently Falling stamp set, bleach, Pastels (chalk) and a variety of Fall colors. It is hard to see, but on the More Mustard card I used Chocolate Chip cardstock and on the Always Artichoke I used Espresso cardstock. The two colors bleached out a little differently and therefore the same pastels took differently. The Mustard card has twine; the Artichoke has linen thread. The "Happy Thanksgiving" is from SU's Teeny Tiny Wishes set. And here is where I will say that I definitely got my money's worth with the Teeny Tiny Wishes set. I can remember the debate I had with myself over whether or not I wanted to spend that kind of money for a stamp set. And I am so glad I debated myself right into buying it. Not only are there 24 various sentiments, the stamped images fit so many of our punches perfectly. Now back to the cards. I am so pleased with the way these cards turned out, that the Saturday, October 1st class will include a card made using this technique. Have a great day and find yourself a little stampin' time!

No comments:

Post a Comment