Saturday, August 13, 2011

Pear Pizzazz

Pear Pizzazz is one of those colors that I rarely use. I prefer Certainly Celery when I need a green. But one of the main colors in Spice Cake DSP is Pear Pizzazz. Another of my least favorite colors is River Rock--again I could count on one hand how many times I have used it. And again it is one of the main colors in the Spice Cake. Last night I talked myself into creating something with the DSP and these two colors. As I started stamping with Soft Suede I was reminded that it wasn't too long ago that I never used Soft Suede either. But then I saw the retired Elegant Soireee paper in person, purchased it and have created many things using Soft Suede ever since. So this card is an attempt at using colors I don't particularly care for, even though I love the DSP. The leaves are from the Gently Falling set in the new Holiday mini which you should be seeing soon in your mail boxes. This is a two-step stamping technique set, which I really enjoy doing. (Of course I am going to have to do a little convincing about the joys of two-step stamping after last week's class--lol!) I stamped the leaves in Pear Pizzazz on River Rock cardstock then lightly dabbed the stamp on Soft Suede prior to stamping the image. The outline of the stamp was done using Soft Suede and then cut out and adhered to the card. I ran the decorative label thru the Big Shot using the Lattice Work embossing folder which added just enough extra texture to this card. Hope you like the card and hope you have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment