Saturday, August 6, 2011

I was cleaning up my scraproom and came across three roses that I had watercolored a few weeks ago. I read that you can make stamped images three-dimensional by cutting out the same image at varying points and then layering. That is what I did with the three roses. I left the bottom layer alone. I then trimmed along the petals to make the next layer a little smaller. And then the third layer I cut more petals off. I used Stampin' Up Dimensionals between the layers and the result is very "dimensional". This particular image was very easy to cut as it is a larger image and the outline of the rose was embossed. It might be more difficult to achieve if using a smaller image, but the dimensional look can still be achieved. Hope you all have a great weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Ohhh, it is so beautiful. Love that rose (have it myself).

    ReplyDelete