Sunday, August 28, 2011

Big News!

My baby brother got engaged last night. Dan is in his mid fifties and has been a bachelor (and a handsome one, too!) all his life. I have not yet met is fiancee, Karen, but look forward to meeting her in the near future. I was going to send them the pretty Mocha Morning Just For You card which I posted earlier this month, but Dan's favorite color is blue. So I decided that I could make a similar card for him and Karen with a few changes including the use of Baja Breeze to acknowledge their engagement. The sentiment is from the A Word For You set on page 165 of the IB&C. As with the Mocha Morning card, I used my Simply Scored tool from Stampin' Up to make the grid on the one section of white cardstock. All in all, it was a great weekend for us. Sydney spent the last couple of nights with us which is always such a treat. And then when she goes home, the house becomes so very quiet. Hope you had a good weekend, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment