Thursday, August 25, 2011

Autumn I Miss You

Aside from the Crumb Cake card base, the rest of the card is made using scraps! The leaf was my inspiration, so as I looked thru scraps the card just fell into place. The pattern paper is from the Just Add Cake collection and together with the Peach Parfait, Chocolate Chip and Very Vanilla cardstock the card does shout Autumn! I am getting ready to send a stack of cards to Operation Write Home, so the "I Miss You" sentiment will be put to good use. Speaking of scraps, do you ever wonder weather or not scraps are worth saving? Well, they are! I have one drawer in my cabinet that is just cardstock scraps. They are sorted by color family so it is easy to pull out what I need to punch a shape or stamp on. I try to only save scraps that are at least 2 inches wide/long. And my scraps do come in handy as the card shows! Have a great day and find yourself a little scrappin' time!

No comments:

Post a Comment