Thursday, June 2, 2011

Sunny Days

Today I am sharing a couple of cards I made using the Sunny Days stamp set in the Summer Mini. The actual image is of four kids in their inner tubes but I only wanted to use a couple of kids. In order to do this, I inked two of the kids using my black marker and then stamped, colored and punched. Another item I am highlighting in this post is the dotted scallop ribbon border punch. On the Tempting Turquoise card I am revealing only one half of the "card stock ribbon". On the Pacific Point card, I have trimmed both the top and bottom of the pattern paper with the entire "card stock ribbon" showing. And here is where I confess that the first card I made using this punch is being recycled--LOL! I made a cute card and then I was going to punch this pretty dotted scallop ribbon trim edge on the front of the card. So I get all done punching and the card is laying on my counter and I am holding this strip of "card stock ribbon"! What? DUH, I get how this punch works (as I smack myself on the side of my head)! The design on this punch is such that the punched card stock is actually a strip and not just an edge as illustrated below. And on that note, I wish you all a happy day!

1 comment:

  1. Hee Hee.... Gail you make me smile. That stamp is really cute and I really like the dotted scallop ribbon border punch. Wow I can think of a lot of uses for that. So much fun. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete