Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Teacher Appreciation Day

Today's post is a reminder to thank a teacher. This is Teacher Appreciation Week and the men and women who teach are a special group. Our children grew up in the Schaumburg School district and they received fine educations which prepared them for high school and then college. Their good educations prepared them to succeed in their professions~~Jenny became a school teacher and Matt a police officer. Whether your child is in preschool, elementary school--grade doesn't matter. But a verbal thank you or a little handwritten note given to a teacher this week is something a teacher truly appreciates. I know, because I was a preschool teacher. And some of the items I have kept over the years were the little notes I received from parents. The pencil holder pictured here was my first attempt at making the pencil holder shown on page 95 of the cattie. If I had the Teacher's Pet stamp set it would have been perfect! To any teachers who might be reading this: THANK YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment