Monday, May 30, 2011

As Memorial Day comes to a close . . .

my granddaughter summed it up beautifully~~LOVE IS FREEDOM! We had Sydney here for a couple of days and she spent some time down in my scraproom. After she left, I went down to clean up and on the floor among punches and markers and paper, here was this picture she made. She and grandpa made a couple of bird feeders for her house and this past week her school had an assembly honoring the men and women who fought for our freedom. As a matter of fact, on the drive to our house she sang all of the patriotic songs she learned that week. (She is also learning cursive!) So I think she learned a lot this past week and put it into her artwork. I will have this in my scraproom as a reminder to remember the men and women who love/loved their country enough to fight for freedom, not only on Memorial Day but everyday. Children truly are precious!

No comments:

Post a Comment