Sunday, March 20, 2011

My Cricut Card

Today was Cricut Sunday and my turn for the project. In an earlier post, I posted a photo of a little bird house I made with my Big Shot. At last month's Cricut Sunday, Laura found a birdhouse svg file that could be cut using Sure Cuts A Lot and my Cricut. Well, with the lawsuit Provocraft has against SCAL, I did not think it was a good idea to let everyone create this really cute bird house and then not be able to get the SCAL program in the future or have it not work with our Cricut machines. So I decided to go back to a Cricut basic~~making a card. I used the card feature on A Child's Year cartridge for the card base, cutting it at 5 1/4". The front of the card is scalloped and it cuts out the three bunnies. I then lined the inside top of the card with chocolate chip cardstock and matted the card on a piece of chocolate chip cardstock measuring 5 1/2" x 4 1/4". I used a SU stamp for the sentiment and finished it off with the matching satin ribbon. We then made coordinating candy tubes filled with Skittles, tied with ribbon and a little tag. The tag was also cut using the A Child's Year cartridge. Both layers of the tag were cut at 1 1/4". Quick and easy and a pretty Easter greeting for child or adult. Have a wonderful week and find yourself a little stampin' time.

2 comments: