Sunday, January 2, 2011

Valentines For OWH

Hope you had a great weekend ringing in the New Year. We did and tonight I finished up the Valentines for Operation Write Home. I am posting photos of a few of the cards I will be sending tomorrow. I try not to make duplicates, but many are similar. I will use the same pattern paper but change the stamps used. Or use the same paper and stamps but use different ribbon and/or embellishments. When I make cards for OWH, I do not limit myself to SU products. For these cards I used a combination of SU and CTMH stamps, various punches and embossing folders and Sizzix and Cuttlebug dies. The possibilities are endless! Tomorrow I will drop these off at the post office for delivery to Dixie in North Carolina. She will see they get to the proper destination. If you aren't familiar with Operation Write Home, check out their website at http://www.operationwritehome.org/. Making cards for those in service to our country is such a small thing compared to what they are doing for us. I make these cards knowing that someone who is loved and missed will receive one of my cards and for a moment feel not so far away.

No comments:

Post a Comment