Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Snow Fun--You have to see to believe!

So we have our darling granddaughter for a couple of days. Since she is on Christmas break, she is here to bake and decorate cookies and to give her Mommy some peace and quiet. We got about 4 inches of snow last night, so today Sydney and Grandpa went outside to play in it. She is all bundled up and they were building a fort--I'll go take my shower while they are out having so much fun. Just as I am finishing up my hair, our Cody (a chocolate lab) is going crazy in the house. I run to the kitchen to look out the patio door and here comes John & Sydney carrying a--YOU WON'T BELIEVE THIS-- A DEAD GOOSE! Yes, a dead goose. Actually a freshly shot dead goose. We live in an area where houses have lots of at least 1 1/2 acres. In between there are cornfields and one is in our backyard. Locals sometimes hunt these fields. And this morning, the field was being hunted. But the hunter couldn't find his catch, so John took Sydney on a goose chase. They were able to locate this goose and bring it home. She is now in the house with me--her hands washed and rewashed while her grandpa is going to find the hunter to give him his goose! On that note, I am going to have her wash her hands one more time before we start the baking--LOL! Only my John could entertain his granddaughter in this way! There is now probably going to be a pink shotgun under the tree for her this Christmas! Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment