Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Blue Hydrangea

Hydrangeas are fascinating flowers. I had a number of beautiful blue hydrangeas earlier in the summer and they were the inspiration for this card. As of late, some of the blue hydrangeas have turned pink! The color of hydrangeas has to do with the soil, but since I am not a gardener--rather a garden admirer--I cannot share the scientific explanation of the changes. The hydrangeas were the inspiration for this card. I used Pear Pizzazz for the card base and Bashful Blue and Night of Navy ink and cardstock. The hydrangea image and the sentiment are from the Just Because Level 1 Hostess set. I carefully inked the flower section using a N of N ink pad and then used the Pear Pizzazz marker to color directly on the stamp. Once stamped, I filled the flower using a Bashful Blue maker and a Certainly Celery marker to fill the stem and leaves. Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Gail-I really like your card today. I am a Hydrangea fan too and you did an awesome job with color on this card. It is beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete