Sunday, July 11, 2010

Birthday Cupcake

I wanted to play with my Copic markers again and decided that the cupcake from Crazy For Cupcakes would be a good image to use. I first stamped the image using Early Espresso ink and then colored the image using Copics. I just can't seem to get the hang of shading and blending with Copics. I used two shades of blue and two shades of yellow and you can definitely see where I used the darker shades around the edges. I colored in the little sprinkles and candle and Crystal Effects give the sprinkles a glossy finish. The sentiment, from Teeny Tiny Wishes (I love that set), was stamped on Bashful Blue cardstock, punched out using the Modern Label punch and matted on So Saffron cardstock which was cut with the Movers and Shapers Modern Label die. SU dimensionals and red brads and ribbon were the finishing touches. I will continue to play with the Copics I have, but I must say, I don't know why since I am very fond of my SU markers! Have a wonderful day!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Gail... sorry I haven't stopped by lately. Life has been a bit crazy. Love what you did with your Copic markers with this adorable cupcake card. I love the way you cut out the front of your card. I am definitely going to need to lift that idea. Hugs...:)

    ReplyDelete