Sunday, June 6, 2010

Shades of Blue

As I continue to play with my new SU stuff, I found myself using the color blue--again! Using a circle from the Circle Circus stamp set (also in the new IB&C), I first embossed it with black embossing powder and then colored it in using Marina Mist, Bashful Blue, Baja Breeze and Pacific Point. (As I was coloring it, I was reminded me of art that my sister and I used to do. We would draw an abstract form on a sheet of paper and then color in each section in a different color.) Using varying punches, I matted the "stained glass" circle on Pacific Blue, Bashful Blue and then a Marina Mist scallop circle. I popped an eyelet in the center of the circle and adhered it to Bashful Blue cardstock. I matted that with Pacific Point and Whisper White, using my scallop border punch on the bottom of the white. The sentiment is from Sincere Salutations, which is being carried over into the new catalog. And I am very happy about that as I use this particular stamp set very often. The next card I post, will not have any blue in it! Time to move on to a different color. Have a wonderful Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment