Monday, May 3, 2010

Mother's Day Card

We got a lot of scrapping done on Saturday and then I continued to scrap on Sunday. But this morning I cleared a space on my island so that I could create one more card for Mother's Day. The cute little flowers are from the Itty Bitty Stamp set in the new Summer Mini and the stems of the flowers are from a stamp in the Happy Together stamp set on page 72 in the IB&C. I alternately stamped the direction of the stem to achieve the look of the flowers blowing in different directions. When the stems were stamped, I then used my Stamp-a-ma-jig to place the flower blooms on the stems. I used Regal Rose and Elegant Eggplant ink and cardstock and added touches of Sunflower Yellow ink and butterflies. The Regal Rose ribbon is a long-retired ribbon, but I had one length of it left. No better way to use it than for a Mother's Day card. This is a square card that measures 5 1/4 x 5 1/4 and fits into one of the medium square SU envelopes sold on page 168 of the IB&C. I'll be back later.

No comments:

Post a Comment