Tuesday, March 30, 2010

One More Easter Card

This is the final Easter card for this year. The card is quite simple, but it truly represents what Easter is about. While creating this card, I did not want the entire piece of white cardstock embossed. So I cut a piece of cardstock to the size I wanted left blank. I used that piece of cardstock as a buffer between the cardstock I wanted embossed and the Sizzix texture plate. After it went thru the Big Shot, the texture showed up, although not as deeply as the rest of the card. So I then glued two pieces of the same size cardstock together and placed that between the texture plate and the white cardstock. If you look closely, you can see there is a very faint embossing behind the cross, but it worked fairly well. Next time I try this, I will place three pieces of cardstock between the plate and the cardstock I want embossed--and hope the texture plate doesn't crack! The cross (which I cut out after stamping the image) is from the Special Blessings stamp set and "Happy Easter" is from Teeny Tiny Wishes. (I highly recommend Teeny Tiny Wishes if you are looking for a good greeting stamp set.) And now it is time to make some Easter favors. Enjoy the rest of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment