Tuesday, March 16, 2010

A Chocolate Bunny Story

We had a beautiful spring-like day here yesterday~~sunshine, 61 degrees and no winter coat. How wonderful it felt! I had spent the day shopping and looking at Spring and Easter displays everywhere I shopped. And that was a good thing as those displays reminded me that I do have a few Easter cards I need to make and send. As I drove by a Fannie May candy store, I reminisced about past Easters. Easter Sunday began with all of us going to church~~my sister and I wearing all of our new clothes, including Easter bonnets! Every Easter my mom and dad would get new outfits for us, everything from shoes to "shortie jackets". We were so proud of our Easter ensembles and would eagerly await the arrival of my grandpa, aunt and uncle so they could see our pretty new outfits. Not only that, but we knew we were each going to receive a Fannie May solid chocolate bunny from my Aunt Helen and Uncle I. The new coats, dresses and shoes and those chocolate bunnies were a tradition in our house for many years. When I first saw the chocolate bunny stamp in the Occasions Mini Catalog, I knew I had to have it. It reminded me of special times and people I loved very much who are no longer here.
So here's my first Easter card using SU's Chocolate Bunny stamp. The card was made using the Sending Love Specialty Paper and Pretty In Pink, Very Vanilla & Chocolate Chip cardstock. Someone in my family is going to be reminded of those Easters past and smile when they open this card. I wonder if my Aunt & Uncle realized that 50 some years later, those solid chocolate Easter bunnies would still lovingly be remembered as if they were received yesterday. (Sometime I will tell you about the year my sister, brothers and I were so disappointed when we opened a fruit/cream Fannie May egg~~lol!) Find yourself a little stampin' time ~~and share a precious memory.

1 comment: