Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Earthquake Morning!

It is 4 in the morning and this loud noise causes me to jolt upright in bed. It sounded like a gunshot or a sonic boom--very close to where I was sleeping. Then my husband wakes up and I ask him if he knew what that was? He said it must have been the wind. But I knew it was more than wind, just not sure what it was. I heard a dish rattle and I thought that maybe some ice cream dishes that were in the sink fell over. So we both got up. He went to the garage, I went to the kitchen--no, dishes still where they were and nothing out of place around the outside of the house. So we go back to sleep for a few more hours. When our morning begins, we have our coffee, read the paper and then I come to check my emails and turn on news. It was an earthquake that woke us up at 4 AM! Can you believe it? 3.8 on the scale, which they say isn't very strong, but it sure was loud and strong enough to jolt me up! And by the way, the dishes I heard~~actually a display dish on a plate stand in the dining room. The rack collapsed and the plate fell onto the table. Nothing broke, but there was enough movement to cause the rack to move and collapse. Yesterday lots of snow, today an earthquake!

No comments:

Post a Comment