Tuesday, January 26, 2010

What A Day!

We woke up yesterday to pouring rain, wind and cool weather. So we went shopping! Of course Joann's was where I spent my time. I was able to touch and feel scrap paper--I needed that! It is pretty bad when you are on vacation and you need to go touch and feel paper--LOL!!! My husband went to the Bass Pro Shop. We both got our fixes. Our friends did not have such a good day. There are four couples here, three of which have condos in the same complex. My husband went out for the newspapers and when he came back he mentioned that two of the couples were out bright and early as their cars were not in the parking lot. A while later I called the the two condos of our friends to see what everyone was planning for the day. (We all do what we want during the day, but we meet in the parking lot at 5:00 for dinner.) When I spoke to Lisa, I asked her where her car was so early in the morning. Her response, "It better be in the parking lot!" Her husband was out for his morning walk. A short time later, a few of us met down in the parking lot. Tom is returning from his walk and we ask, "Where's your car, Tom?" He points to where it was parked the night before and he makes a mad dash for his condo. At this point he is thinking that Lisa had the car. NOT! Their car was stolen! It was a new Ford Escape with less than 5,000 miles. After police reports, etc. the car was found--rolled in a water-filled ditch with the thief surround by air bags. He is in the hospital and the car is totalled. Here's to a better day today.

No comments:

Post a Comment