Saturday, December 26, 2009

Stampin' Up! Mini Sneak Peek

My Christmas was just perfect--spent with my hubby, children, granddaughter and grandpuppies! Last night I was able to play with some new "toys" that my mother-in-law gave me for Christmas. The first photo I want to share is the new heart embosslit from SU! The heart on the left in the photo is what the image looks like after being run thru the Big Shot. Not only does the embosslit die cut the shape, it also embosses it. I just love the texture and the scalloped edge. I wanted to compare the SU! full heart punch to the embosslit and the punched image layered nicely on top of the embosslit die. The problem was that by layering the punched heart image it covered up the embossing. So I took that punched heart and placed it in the center of the embosslit heart, ran it thru the Big Shot and--perfect layered look! Isn't the blue bird too cute? This image was made using one of the new punches that will be in the new SU! mini catalog which goes live on January 5th. The punch consists of three cuts--the body of the bird, the branch and the wing. I used a pop-dot under the wing to add dimension to the bird. (Next time I will cut the wing from patterned paper to add dimension. ) If you look closely, the Not Quite Navy mat has a design in it. This design element was achieved using a SU! texture plate--another great gift from my mom-in-law. In the past I have used embossing folders, so I was interested in seeing what a texture plate actually does. A texture plate does not emboss--it adds a very subtle design to the cardstock. I will have to play with the texture plates before I decided yeah or nay! And last but not least for this morning, this is a card I quickly made using the SU! Elegant Bouquet impression embossing folder. (This is available in the current Idea Book and Catalog, and is not an item in the new mini.) I can say without a doubt that I am liking this embossing folder. Mom--thanks for the great gifts!

No comments:

Post a Comment