Monday, December 28, 2009

Let It Snow!

On Saturday we were supposed to get 1 to 3 inches of snow. We actually received almost a foot of snow. It was beautiful looking out the kitchen window, so I snapped this photo to share with all of you. Since there was nowhere we had to go, my husband, son and I stayed in. Needless to say I had quite a bit of time to play with my new SU items--YEAH!
The first first card includes the image from the two-step bird punch. I truly like this particular punch. It is so simple to use and so pretty, too. I used Not Quite Navy cardstock and layered the front with Whisper White cardstock which I first embossed using the Elegant Bouquet embossing folder. I absolutely am impressed with this punch as you can make the bird any color or pattern and mix or match the wing and the body. The wing can be up or down against the bird's body. The color of the leaves can change depending on the season. So many possibilities. And since the punch style has changed, it will take up less storage space. I will look forward to more of these two-step punches in the future. Now the colors don't show up that well, but once again, I am using the heart embosslit and the Well Scripted stamp set using an acrylic block versus the wood block. Between the Big Shot and dies that I have and want, the new style punches and the option of wood or acrylic mount stamp sets, I am very excited with Stampin' Up! and the upcoming sale-a-bration which begins on January 5th. I will be placing a large order, so with every $50 I spend, I will be able to get a free stamp set or item from the brochure (which many of you will receive in the mail shortly), I will be getting quite a few stamp sets I have been wanting and for sure the new Scallop Trim Border punch--for free!

No comments:

Post a Comment