Friday, December 18, 2009

Pillow Boxes

A friend wondered how some of the boxes I am making with my Big Shot would look like if they were made from acetate. Why not try it out? The first one was the scalloped bag. It looks cute, but it was difficult to work with. Maybe I didn't use the right sandwich for the die, but where the scalloped bag is scored, the line was so faint on the acrylic that it took a while to score it. The next question was what adhesive would not show thru the acetate? I used the sticky tape and it holds it extremely well, but I can see it.
Maybe the pillow box die would work as it only has one seam to fold and tape. I again used the sticky tape and even though you can see it, that is on the back side of the pillow box. What else can I use for this pillow box? Vellum! Since I do not have any of the SU! texture folders to use with my Big Shot, I used another embossing folder. It looked pretty, but some of the vellum cut thru wherever the texture was. Not good. I then remembered that I had Stampin' Up! vellum cardstock. This is a little thicker than regular vellum. It worked beautifully. I used the sticky tape and added a pretty red ribbon. How pretty is this? After dinner, I am going to see what this pillow box will look like if I emboss Shimmery White cardstock. If it looks as beautiful in person as it does in my mind, you will be seeing a photo of that, too! Oh, this Big Shot machine--and a simple idea from my friend--sure is taking up a lot of my time--LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment