Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Occasions Mini Sneak Peek

Why didn't I order more stuff from the new mini catalog that you will be receiving in the mail soon? As many of you know, Stampin' Up! is giving us the option to purchase stamp sets in the new mini (which starts Jan. 5th) either as wood-mount or acrylic mount. I wanted to see how the acrylic -mounted stamps would work, so I only purchased one set--Well Scripted. The greeting on this card is from the Well Scripted set and it worked beautifully. Later on I will play with it some more to see if it keeps clinging to the acrylic block after several uses and to see whether or not I will still need my stamp-a-ma-jig. These acrylic-mount stamp sets will certainly use less storage space, but if I need a stamp-a-ma-jig to properly place images, then I will probably stick with wood-mount. More playtime is required before I make that decision.
The butterflies on the card were cut using the Big Shot and Beautiful Wings Embosslit Die that is in the new mini. Here is a close-up of a 3x3 card so that you can get a better idea of the embossing on the butterflies. I really love the embosslit die and I will be purchasing more. As a matter of fact, my next purchase will be the SU! Scalloped Heart of Hearts Embosslit die--also in the new mini. Time for me to quit playing and go do something around the house. Hope you can yourself some stampin' time today.

No comments:

Post a Comment