Thursday, October 22, 2009

SNOW perfect day

Wanted to share a pretty layout I created using Stampin' Up retired paper and stamp sets. The colors in the paper were Real Red, Close To Cocoa and Baha Breeze--one of last year's in colors. I did not have the SU! ribbon to match the Baha Breeeze, so I ran a piece of white taffeta ribbon over the BB stamp pad and created the matching ribbon on the first page. I sponged the edges of the white cardstock and the edges of the BB which has the snowflake on it. Now I would not have chosen to mix these colors, but they do look good together.
The "snow' letters were cut using my diecut machine, as were the white and Close To Cocoa snowflakes. My diecut machine has software that will let you make changes to the images on the cartridges: different sizes, delete some of an image, weld words together and a whole lot more. I just purchased that software and was playing with it. One of my friends came over on Sunday and showed me the fundamentals of the software. As you can imagine, I am using a lot of my "not so good paper" to practice and spending way too many hours trying to get the hang of it. If you would be interested in making this two page layout, it will be a project for one of my next scrapbook classes. Watch my calendar of events for the date. In the meantime, find yourself a little stampin" & scrappin' time.

No comments:

Post a Comment