Saturday, February 28, 2009

My Craft Room

These are a couple of photos of my craft room as of last night. I went downstairs yesterday afternoon and my first step into the basement was waterlogged! Our sump pump failed and at least 75% of the basement was affected. Our basement is big and finished with the majority being carpeted. Service Master came out (after the plumber) and the clean up began. Anything that was on the floor is going to have to be pitched. I saw the water and I grabbed my scrapbooks, photos and my cardstock. Unfortunately, the moisture in the air has all of my paper and cardstock curled--no way can I make cards or scrapbok pages using it.
The failed sump pump has caused a huge mess and a lot of damage to our things. But it could have been worse. As we were moving stuff out of the basement, I kept thinking about the people in hurricanes, tornadoes, floods, fires, etc. This is my basement--can you imagine if this was your entire house getting ruined by 4 & 5 feet of water? Or blown away or burned? I was walking around the basement overwhelmed and wondering where to begin the clean-up. Once I thought about the really unfortunate people who have had to deal with major, major disasters, dealing with our problems seemed seemed a lot less overwhelming.
A lot of the water has been sucked up--thanks to Service Master--and my office is down to the concrete floor. We had a good night's sleep, so time to get back to the business of cleaning up.

No comments:

Post a Comment