Monday, July 9, 2018

Gift For Jenny


Jenny had surgery last week and Syd stayed with us for a few days.  While she was here, she worked on a "DIY" gift for her Mom.  I had a really nice box that I purchased from Close To My Heart years ago.  When the boxes were discontinued, I purchased a few extra.  Syd decorated one of the boxes using flamingo paper I had (Close To My Heart, too) and cardstock.  She did all the measuring, cutting and decorating for the box.  (Jen likes flamingos so the paper was perfect.)

Inside the box, are ready to assemble thank you cards.  I stamped and embossed parrots from Clearly Besotted's Some Birdie Loves You and flamingos from  Clearly Besotted's Fluffy Flamingos.         . Syd colored them all using alcohol markers.  She stamped and cut thank you circles and added embellishments to each card pack.
To complete the make your own thank you notes gift, she added twine, glue pen and really cute Scratch 'n Sniff ice cream treat postage stamps.  When Jen is up to it, she has all the pieces to create hand-made thank you card.  And when the box is empty, I am not sure who is going to get it!!!!  Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment